We are dedicated to finding our dogs a forever home where they can be loved, well cared for, and a part of your family for the rest of their life. Please take the time to carefully read and complete all of the questions as best as possible as they are designed to assist with placing our animals in an environment that meets their personality and needs. Our wish is for the animals and the adoptive family alike to be happy, thus resulting in a permanent, happy, forever home. Thank you for your understanding.
Adoption fees are
Dogs 1– 7 years – $500
To help cover the costs associated with rescue such as vetting, boarding and transportation, and includes spay/neuter, HW testing, rabies and DHLPP vaccines and, in some cases microchip, prior to adoption.
- Dogs under the age of one $550
- Seniors 7+ $350
Niagara Dog Rescue reserves the right to reject any application and reserves the sole right in determining the best placement for our dogs
**Please Read before applying**
Dear potential adopters,
Niagara Dog Rescue appreciates your interest in our dogs.
We will do everything in our power to ensure that the application process is a smooth one.
Here is what you can expect:
- Once we receive your application, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of the application.
- This will be followed by a request to do a telephone interview to discuss the application.
Due to the fact that applications are submitted electronically, things can happen in cyberspace. Please email us at email@example.com if you have not heard anything 14 days after applying.
- Once you have completed the interview we will check references. It is helpful if you have contacted your references to let them know in advance of our call as we volunteers use our own personal phones to make the calls and are not identified as NDR.
- Once the references are checked, you would move into the home visit stage. We understand that this can be a tricky to schedule but it is necessary to ensure the safety of the dog. (there will be instances where photos, or a virtual visit of your home may be done in lieu of an actual home visit)
- After the home visit you will either be approved or not to adopt a rescue dog from NDR.
- If all goes well with the meet and greet and it is determined that you are the best fit for the dog, you will be sent an adoption agreement to complete and sign.
- The Adoption fee is requested at this time and must be received before pickup of the dog.
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME AT SUCH A BUSY TIME FOR OUR VOLUNTEERS
PLEASE FILL OUT APPLICATION TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY WITH A LOT OF DETAIL
IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CALL WE APOLOGIZE
WE WILL ALWAYS CHOSE THE BEST HOME FOR EACH DOG
If you are applying for a dog that is posted as “Pending” that dog may already be adopted. They are just pending being picked up.
BE SURE YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT AT THIS TIME PLEASE CONSIDER THE TIME GOING INTO EACH APPLICATION