LATEST NDR NEWS
Here you'll find all the latest news and happenings related to Niagara Dog Rescue.
Marynissen Adoption Event
We are very fortunate to have amazing community partners who support our efforts. On Saturday May 7th, 2022 Marynissen Estates Winery hosted a Dog Adoption Day to highlight our work and meet some of our most recent rescues. A special thank you to @canadiana_a_gogo for providing great food!
This event could not have been possible without the help of our committed volunteers and Ellen Rhora who led this event. We also want to thank all fosters, foster teams and volunteers who helped make the event a huge success!
Those who visited instantly fell in love with the dogs they met. The event was a meet and greet, so those interested in applying to foster or adopt a dog could meet the dogs and get acquainted with them. This was our first meet and greet event after a 2-year hiatus and every dog who was there got the attention they deserved. One of our potential adopters was blessed to meet Chevy that day. Must have been love at first sight for both Chevy and them, as Chevy has been adopted and is living his best life!
For our volunteers and fosters, it was an opportunity to meet in person and strengthen the connections they had made for the past two years. It was a time to enjoy the outdoors, share stories and meet some of those who have been angels behind every destitute rescue that have come through NDR’s door! We salute you and appreciate all that you do for these fur babies. We share this love with you and in return we send you our gratitude.
A heartfelt thank you to businesses that donated baskets for the event: Home Depot-Morrison Street, Niagara Falls. Sweet Thoughts Chocolate- Canboro Road Pelham. Hania Wojtowicz for her beautiful handmade afghans, Barbara Jane for her Pebble frames, Pet Valu-Fonthill, Marynissen for the lovely wine and all the volunteers who brought their delicious baked goods! (Those were very popular 😊)
An additional big thank you to E Quip Rentals and Repairs in Niagara Falls for donating the fence that kept our dogs safe for meeting their prospective foster and adoptive parents. The dogs had the time of their life playing and getting petted.
The sun was shining and everyone felt happy. That fabulous day, $1342.00 was raised to help our rescue dogs in need. And to top it off, Marynissen Estate Winery generously donated $500 bringing our grand total to $1842.00! We are beyond grateful. Thank you for helping our dogs!
Thanks to Lori Miller who captured so many moments with all our visitors. We have many photos of our four-legged friends that got so much attention on the day of this event that we have decided to showcase them separately.
- Here’s Pepper! - This little one stole a lof of people’s hearts!
2. Chevy - proved to be a right sized puppers and got lots of attention. He was quite happy to try and meet other dogs!
3. This is Sox! A bundle of loving energy who wanted to interact with everyone!
4. Bruiser - Next in line from the days’ event is Bruiser, who was handled by Danielle and Derek
5. Rex - Our newest foster James was handling the ‘oh so chilled’ Rex!
6. Samson - Our amazing Gwen made the very long trip to pick up Samson, who was expertly handled by Derek
7. Marvin - He made an appearance at the event. He made certain that everyone knew he wanted attention and once received, he loved every minute of it.
8. Sophie - We already posted pictures of Sox, now it’s time to introduce her sister Sophie! She is just as loving and engaging as Sox!
9. Benji - was a bit elusive, but not shy at all!
10. Mr. Gage - had a meet and greet at the event, totally unplanned. He had some one-on-one play time with a Malamute, a bit bigger than him!
11. Snowman was an anticipated arrival by one little boy! He couldn’t wait to meet him.
12. Greta - the beagle was such a sweet girl and certainly enjoyed all the attention she received!